ENSPIRE SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
ENSPIRE Magazine Submission Guidelines:
We are accepting written/video contributions from writers, editors, bloggers, vloggers, etc… who share an interest in promoting content that is in line with the vision and mission of ENSPIRE. Submissions from the following categories will be considered:
- Opinion (see pitch requirements below)
- Personal (see pitch requirements below)
- Lifestyle (Business/Finance, Education, Health/Wellness)
- Editorial Commentary (in the form of video based upon the above-mentioned category areas)
Your article should be:
- In line with the vision and mission of ENSPIRE magazine. This means you will have to do your homework. Check out some of our content and make sure that what you are open to sharing coincides!
- Substantially written, with at least 250 to at most 800 words in length.
- Original in content without infringement upon any other copyrighted work.
- Positive, informative and empowering in language. Articles can be humorous, serious but must be engaging.
- Edited for grammatical errors and proper sentence structure.
- Provided a short but strong title that represents your article’s main ideas.
- Submitted as a written word attachment with images attached in JPEG format.
- Free of blatant profanity (we understand that in interviews people may use foul language, please censor it), negative or discriminatory connotations, biased views, viruses or any other harmful codes.
- Accompanied by a brief author bio as well as contact info and link to the author’s website(if available).
***Note*** For video submissions, please make sure the presentation is professional, seven minutes or less in time and has been properly edited and formatted. We will NOT accept or consider any video content that is vulgar, contains profanity, is offensive or sexual in nature, infringes upon another’s copyright or contains any viruses.
An ENSPIRE Magazine opinion piece is authentic, enlightening, timely and offers hard analysis. That means it has an original voice or an original point of view to offer that sheds a new light on an existing debate or pulls something into the spotlight that isn’t already there. It presents a strong argument backed up with provable evidence and represents the views of the writer clearly and transparently. Writings are exclusive to ENSPIRE Magazine, which means it hasn’t been published anywhere else. If you’ve already pitched it elsewhere, all you have to do is let us know.
An ENSPIRE Magazine Personal piece is original, authentic, compelling and told in the first person. We feature writers from different backgrounds and identities with distinct voices and points of view. We accept writings about a variety of topics, including identity (race, gender, sexuality, disability, intersectionality, etc.); health and mental health; sex/love and relationships in every sense of the word; family and parenting; work, money and career; body and body image and just amazing stories about unique life experiences. Writings are to be exclusive to ENSPIRE Magazine, which means it hasn’t been published anywhere else. If you’ve already pitched it elsewhere, you must let us know.
For both sections, a good pitch will:
• Briefly summarize your story idea.
• Briefly explain why you’re the right person to write the piece. What’s your relevant expertise or experience?
• Briefly explain why this argument or story matters. What are the stakes here?
• Briefly outline how the piece will start and end. If you have a draft, include it in the body of the email.
• Note clearly in the subject line what you’re pitching, using a clear, informative headline. Specify in the subject line if your pitch is timely.
• Include a short description of your previous writing experience and links to published clips, if relevant.
• Be your own work. We do not accept pitches from PR representatives or agents.
Submission and Review Process
When making a request to submit content to our site please be sure to include at least 2-3 samples of your prior written work (can be in the form of a word attachment or direct link to written work) or the exact written article work that you would like to submit. We will not consider submission requests that don’t include either a sample or exact written work. Please allow up to two weeks after submission for your samples or article to be reviewed. Submission of an article work (or sample of an article work) does not guarantee acceptance as a contributor or that your article will be published on our site. We reserve the right to refuse any submission for any reason. If your article (or sample) is approved for use on our website or printed issues, you will be contacted directly by a member of our team for further information.
Please be sure that all submitted images closely reflect your article’s main idea. Also, please do not submit any images that bear any copyright symbols or watermarks.
Although there is no monetary compensation offered for contributed works, the exposure is very rewarding.
We do get submissions and information about events and businesses. Our editors may choose to publish information on these submissions but that will always be accompanied by their own, honest opinion, good or bad.
Please forward all submissions to EnspireMagazine@gmail.com