( ENSPIRE Music ) Three-time Grammy Nominated Singer-Songwriter-Producer and Social Activist Raheem DeVaughn Announces Release Eighth Studio Album, “What A Time To Be In Love,” and New Single, “Mr. Midnight”
ENSPIRE Contributor: Octavia Johnson
“Mr. Midnight” was written by Raheem DeVaughn and produced by 812LABS Media Group and L’indecis. “Mr. Midnight is tastefully sensual and was inspired by black love. I predict that it will be one of the sexiest songs of 2020,” DeVaughn said. The single just made its world premiere on RollingOut.com and can be found on the upcoming eighth studio album, “What A Time To Be In Love”, scheduled to be released on Nov. 20th, via the SRG ILS label imprint.
DeVaughn has been on a mission to create music that evokes change while maintaining the energy of love. He recently released the powerful and thought-provoking song, “Marvin Used To Say.” The poignant and timely song speaks directly to the ongoing social turmoil and the unfortunate fact that not enough has changed.
“I have always been part of the culture shift of Soul & R&B from a mixtape level to a mainstream industry level since the early 2000s so album number eight, ‘What A Time To Be In Love’ will be no less than nostalgic vibes that not only speak to the consciousness and social climate on the world, but also to the lover in you. It’s a classic album,” he added.
“What A Time To Be In Love,” produced by The Colleagues, finds the three-time Grammy Nominee embracing what he sees as his social responsibility, which is to inspire and encourage his listeners as they fight for justice and equality. DeVaughn recognizes the importance of nurturing and encouraging the emotional connections needed to sustain advocates during this fight. Fans can expect the new album to embody and reflect the musical legacy that has earned the singer his place amongst R&B royalty as the “Love King.”
WHAT A TIME TO BE IN LOVE (Tracklist):
- WDMG 69.1 (Intro) [featuring R.A Brown & The Colleagues]
- What A Time To Be In Love [featuring R.A Brown & The Colleagues]
- Up And Down [featuring The Colleagues]
- Mr. Midnight [featuring The Colleagues]
- Marvin Used To Say [featuring The Colleagues]
- Lawd Help Me [featuring The Colleagues, Mike Phillips, Doug E. Fresh and Kev Brown]
- Up For Air [featuring The Colleagues]
- Twilight [featuring The Colleagues]
- Special Occasion [featuring The Colleagues]
- Black Fist Cafe (Interlude) [featuring The Colleagues]
- Deep Deep [featuring The Colleagues]
- Motions [featuring The Colleagues]
- Sweet Symphony [featuring The Colleagues]
- Outer Limits [featuring The Colleagues]
To listen to “What a Time to be in Love” here. Check out more content from DaVaughn on Instagram and Twitter, on @Raheem_Devaughn, and Facebook on @RaheemDevaughn.