( ENSPIRE Feature ) Independent Filmmaker Day Hosts an Event to Help Independent Creators From Around the World
ENSPIRE Contributor: Taylor Groft
Independent Filmmaker Day (IFD) will be held virtually on Zoom on Nov. 18-19th, 2020. It’s a fantastic two-day event which includes panels with experts on film and television topics, a pitch competition, expert roundtables, and an after-party.
Independent Filmmaker Day helps independent creators from around the world develop new projects, connect within the industry, and champion collaborative and impactful storytelling at all stages. At each one of the events, you will hear from acclaimed industry experts concerning screenwriting, producing, funding, marketing, music, post-production, and distribution.
IFD has over 100,000 followers on Facebook, which is more than 99 percent of film festivals worldwide.
For the upcoming event, the already confirmed panelists are:
- Richard Dreyfuss – Oscar-Winning Actor for “The Goodbye Girl,” and “Star of Jaws,” “Close Encounters of the Third Kind,” and “Mr. Holland’s Opus.”
- Ice-T – Grammy Winner and Star of “Law & Order.”
- Graham King – Oscar-Winning Producer of “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “The Departed,” “Argo,” and “Ali.”
- Bruce Cohen – Oscar-Winning Producer of “American Beauty,” “Silver Linings Playbook,” and “Milk.”
- Harry Lennix – Star of “The Blacklist,” “Billions,” and “Batman v Superman.”
- Catherine Curtin – Star of “Orange Is the New Black” and “Stranger Things.”
Filmmakers can ask questions and receive answers from experts in the film & tv industry about their specific project. Tickets are on sale at Eventbrite; use the discount code to receive 10% off, IFDT10.
Hear from industry experts on a variety of topics in film/tv, including acting, directing, producing, film funding, distribution, social media, product placement, post-production, entertainment law, and more. Each panel includes Q&A from the virtual audience. IFD provides an opportunity to pitch your film/tv project for a chance to win over $30,000 in in-kind services. There is also a virtual after-party to network with fellow attendees and panelists in a virtual setting.
The 2020 IFD Award goes to the film “Equal Standard.” Written and Produced by acclaimed filmmaker Taheim Bryan. This feature film stars Ice-T and Anthony “Treach” Criss. The film has already received over 20 Million views on social media.