( ENSPIRE Feature ) Black Writers Weekend 2020 Continues As Virtual Production August 27th-29th Due to Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
Black Writers Weekend 2020, the virtual experience will stream online on Thursday, August 27th through Saturday, August 29th. The festival which is powered by, AAMBC Inc, has amplified black creative voices for over 12 years through literacy programs and events furthermore contributing to the elevation of black excellence.
Celebrating and acknowledging black creators that have paved the way for future authors and filmmakers, has always been the goal for CEO and founder of Black Writers Weekend, Tamika Newhouse. See the list below for a preview of some of the talents and events.
- Amazon Presents a Town Hall Meeting moderated by Tamika Newhouse with guests Kimberly L. Jones, Jamila T. Davis, Aya De Leon, and Monique Melton.
- Amazon Masterclass, Reach More Readers with Kindle Direct Publishing, Create and Master a Writing Career with Wattpad.
- Creative Talks with Zane, Donna Hill, and Mary B. Morrison.
- A star line up of producers and filmmakers form BETHer, Will Packer Studios, Netflix, and more will listen to pitches from aspiring screenwriters.
- Young adult novel panel featuring New York times best-selling author Nic Stone.
- A pitch session with Harlequin editors.
- Black Girl Magic Panel.
Although Black Writers Weekend decided to go digital for 2020 events online, the festival will return to its home in Atlanta for BWW 2021. The event will be hosted in the Historic Sweet Auburn District next June, marking the organization’s 12th anniversary and the seventh time celebrating in Atlanta.
For additional updates on Black Writers Weekend visit Blackwritersweekend.com or follow them on social media @blackwritersweekend.